Center for Civil Liberties (CCL) was founded in Kyiv in 2007 to promote and implement the values of human rights in Ukraine and on the territories of the newly independent states.
The main tasks of the organization are:
1) encouraging realization of the reforms concerning human rights,
2) establishment of public control over the actions of law enforcement organs, judges, and local self-government bodies,
3) documenting cases of political persecution in the Crimea and international crimes in the Donbas,
4) educational activities for promoting the values of human rights,
5) participating in different programs of international solidarity.